Wednesday 1 April 2009

Tattoos and Body Modification

I found the lecture “Tattoo/Body Modification” interesting but extremely shocking and horrendous by some pictures. The history of body modification was fascinating including the one about Mowri where men and women had a number of tattoos on their face to show other people about their own family and also tell them where they were from.

However some pictures shown on the lecture were appalling. I found it very hard to sit in the lecture and tried my best to carry on listening. There are some people who took outrageous piercing on their private parts and the unusual areas of their body – arms, behind the neck and many more. Some people who done it for sexual pleasures. I find it very hard to believe it because it is disturbing.

Although I do have a tattoo on my lower back and do agree what people have done. But I do not agree with people who have done some outrageous piercings and tattoos however it is their body and they have every right to do what they wish to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment