Monday 27 April 2009

Euthanasia

Euthanasia is a practice of killing without pain; a person is suffering from a disease that cannot be cured. It is illegal in the UK. In my opinion, I am not against euthanasia because people who have been terminally ill can pass away peacefully without having to suffer more days to their death.

It is illegal in the UK because of the religions. I am a Roman Catholic and my religion is against euthanasia. My religion sees euthanasia as a murder because it kills a person no matter what. Our faith is to support God when he said he will choose our death. In some ways I do respect that but when I learn about these terminally ill patients who have been suffering for years and they have no quality of life. They are dependent on their carer and stay in their home or in hospital at all the times. I cannot blame for them when they wish to die to end their suffering.


No comments:

Post a Comment