Tuesday 28 April 2009

Having a baby at a young age is not unusual in the UK. Britain has the highest percentage of teenage pregnancies in Western European. The rate is rising every year. It is not surprising for me to be honest. I know so many people who got a baby at very young age – some of my family members and my friends. Most of them got pregnant because they never use conceptions! No matter how much we try to warn them, they will never listen to us and end up of having a baby or more. Few months ago, a boy aged 13 was a father to a baby and he only looked 8!! More teenagers are losing their virginity at very young age from 11 onwards!!! It is outrage. They are only kids who are having sex. Their parent should have a word with them about sex when they are 10 years old before they go to a secondary school. It is not acceptable for kids having kids in our society. Some teenager mothers never learn their mistake and have their baby number 2 soon after their first child!!!

I learnt that I need to be careful after I got a scare when I was only 16. I was freaking out so much and kept thinking what my mum would say about me having a baby. So, I went to the sexual health clinic and got conception which lasts few years. I persuaded all my friends to do same and unfortunately one of them didn’t have conception and end up pregnant aged 18. I am grateful that I didn’t have a baby at young age and enjoy my life with no responsibility! I will have a baby when I feel ready.




2 comments:

  1. First when I arrived here I thought those girls I saw with children were nannys... They actually are mothers! As you observe it would be so easy for them to use contraceptives, and to keep enjoying life freely, as most of them do not chose to be pregnant. That's a pity for them and in many cases for the child as well, since I believe often they don't have the skills to raise a baby and are not mature enough to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually this a big problem for the teenagers, no only on UK this is abig problem that breathes in all countries, it´s a pity because the educaction on the home is very diferent to this that one learn on the street as on the school.

    ReplyDelete