Sunday 3 May 2009

Comment on Suicide

Comment responding to Jina’s blog on suicide: http://jina20.blogspot.com/.

I cannot decide whether committing suicide is a bad thing. I have lost a close friend to suicide 4 years ago. She was only 16. When I found out that she committed suicide, I was very shocked and upset. I kept thinking why she kill herself and never overcome the shock as I was hanging out with her the night before. To me, she looked happy. But I realised I was wrong. She was going through depression for some time according to her family and they never thought she was capable to do it. She may had problems and never told anyone. The more she was holding, the more depressed she was. She thought that was the only way to kill herself to be free from the depression she was suffering. I wish she would tell a person she trust and get help but it is too late. I have known a few people who also killed themselves in the same area. I will never do it if I am depressed because I do not want my family and friends to go through what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment