Saturday 25 April 2009

Abortion

Abortion means deliberate ending of a pregnancy at an early stage. In England and Wales, the total number of abortion was 198,500 in 2007 according to Department of Health website. It was raised by 4,800 from 2006 to 2007. It may be more abortions in 2008 than in 2007. From the statistics from 2001 onwards, it rises high every year.

In my opinion of abortion, I am against abortion, full stop. People who commit it, I see them as a murderer because they plan to kill a human being in their womb. Most women who are in early stage of pregnancy, they see their baby as an ‘embryo’, not a human. Anti-abortion websites even state that embryo will suffer during the abortion as they may develop pain sensors few weeks after the conception.


I remember when I had to research on abortion for my GCSEs; I was given an anti-abortion website showing all the shocking pictures. These pictures of dying babies made me physically sick and I couldn’t even understand how women are capable of killing their own flesh and blood.


Yes, I can understand why women abort their baby – they may be too young, money situation etc. But surely, they can give their baby up for adoption. There are many couples in the UK who are unable to have a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment